"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." -Chistopher Reeve

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15, 2009

The things I did today… As usual, I slept in as long as I possibly could and only got up in time to jump up, rush through my morning routine, and run out the door with wet hair to catch the bus. The weird guy wasn’t on the bus this morning, thank God. That’s a whole ‘nother story… I did work today, though! I wasn’t a hundred percent, but I was a lot better than I have been… Instead of returning to the Internet, I returned to my work. Which today happened to be travel plans. For some reason, it took me the whole day to do. I’ve been collecting every box that I see in my building at work, so when Marie – my manager who also happens to be in the process of moving – came into my office to talk to me, she stopped mid-sentence and started laughing at the pile of boxes that had just about consumed my work space. Laura had a class at the hospital today that let out just as I was getting off work, so she came by my office to take me and the boxes home. We haven’t started packing, but we do have boxes. That’s something, right? We got home and got in each other’s way while she did dishes and made her hot dog/crescent rolls and I started my spaghetti. The spaghetti took an hour to make. While the sauce was simmering and the water for the pasta was trying to boil, I potted one of my new plants so that I can take it to work tomorrow and played a little ball with Lucy. That’s about all my beautiful puppy got from me tonight; I stayed on the couch too long watching Will & Grace and never made it out the front door. Poor dog. Oh, well. She got a walk last night, and she’ll likely get one tomorrow. Here I am at 9:40, an hour and twenty minutes before my self-appointed bedtime, tired, and with nothing good on TV. Not even anything good recorded. I have a little bit of Julie & Julia to finish. I may read the rest of that. Chances are, I’ll lounge for the next hour or so, maybe longer, and then stumble to bed, having only expended enough energy to throw on something comfortable which will likely come from the dirty clothes pile. At least I’ve already started the pot of coffee for tomorrow morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment